Monday, February 28, 2011

Mr. Fix- it




Add caption

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I wanted to start off by thanking those of you who left me such thoughtful comments on my last blog posting, it really meant a lot to me and it helped me get thru that tough time....

Now on to my card....I've been wanting to start creating more masculine cards, whether it be for Birthday or Father's Day or just because, it seems like we don't see much of them.  Being it that it is going to be for a male, it has to be more simple, I can't imagine putting ribbon, bows or flowers on them, so for me, that makes it much more quicker to make.

For my image, I used a stamp from Stampavie called Mr. Fix-it.  I knew right away what paper stack I wanted to use with it, I've been hoarding this stack since it first came out last year, it's from DCWV called "The Guy Stack", available at Joann Fabric and craft store.  Using Memento Ink in Tuxedo black, I stamped my image onto Copic X-press it blending card paper, then colored the image with Copic markers.
I seldom use brads on my cards, so this was something I knew would have to come into play in place of flowers and ribbon.  I also used an EK Success Dotted wave edge punch, for both of the strips across the card.

I didn't add a sentiment to it yet, as it could either be used for both Birthday or Father's Day....so, I'll just wait until I have to use it to decide.  Hope you liked it!


Materials/Supplies used:  Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - White & Enchanted Evening, Patterned Paper: DCWV The Guy Stack, Edge Punch: Ek Success Dotted Wave, Brads: unknown, Copic Sketch Markers, Stamp: Stampavie - Mr. Fix-it Laurence Collection, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Dimensionals: 3D Dots 1/8" thick by Ek Success, Zapdots 1/2" thick in black by Helmar

4 comments:

  1. I love your card. They layout is great and your coloring is beautiful. I hope I can become that good using my copics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable Sil! I love the softness of your coloring on this image. It's just fantastic. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see that your stamping :) Such a cute, cute card... your layout and coloring is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card, silvia!!! love the adorable image, your coloring is so amazing girl! love it!!! glad you're feeling better. big *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...