Friday, August 6, 2010

Life's a Beach!



I'll start off by admitting that, "I'm not a fan of Summer", specially here in Arizona, where our Summers are not something we can enjoy.  When we use to live in California, I remember asking myself, "How do people live in that Arizona heat?", guess what? you just do!  You eventually acclimate, although, I don't think I'll ever acclimate to 115 degree weather....once it's past 110 degrees, WOW!  We're cooking!  But it's all worth it, because our Winter and Spring weather is to die for....just perfect.

I thought this image would be a perfect reflection of  Summer, even though I was not much of a beach goer, so I can't say I miss it, but it's a nice and refreshing thought.  

This is one of my most recent stamp purchases, it's a House-Mouse image called Beach Bums.  I was very pleased with the way this card turned out.  I used Copic markers to color the image, sprinkled some Dazzling Diamond Stampin' Glitter all over the sand, which by the way, I love the look that gave, followed by cardstock from Stampin' Up and designer paper from Me & My Big Ideas - Destination Paradise.  The finished card size is 5"x 5".

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are all having a great Summer!

Materials used:

Card base - Stampin' Up - Vanilla cardstock, layered cardstock - Stampin' Up - Taken with Teal, pattern paper - Me & My Big Ideas - Destination Paradise; House-Mouse Designs stamp - Beach Bums, Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter; Memento Ink - tuxedo black;


4 comments:

  1. oh silvia, your card is so adorable! i love those mice! they look like they are so relaxed :). love the colors and the DPs. thanks for sharing and have a great weekend :)! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this HM stamp before. It's sooo cute! Love your color choices. I've never visited AZ during the "hot" season. We always visited in the spring or fall. Heat index here has been in the 110+ range for a while so I can sympathize sister. :) You're doing so great with your cards. I envy you cause I haven't learned how to do all the background layering stuff yet. Maybe I'll just start caseing all your cards. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Silvia - I've watched all your videos on youtube and just found your blog! I LOVE your work and your cards are always so gorgeous. This one is no different. I've never seen these stamps, but it sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...